STUDY OF THE CUMULATIVE PROPERTIES OF «INDEZ» ON LABORATORY WHITE RATES
The article presents the results of the study of «Indez» disinfectant. An effective disinfectant for use in animal husbandry should be easy to use, be non-toxic, have broad bactericidal spectrum, be non-carcinogenic, have non-addictive micro-flora and provide a permanent bactericidal effect in the presence of animals, while sanitizing the air environment. «Indez» disinfectant is a small, amorphous grey powder with a specific odour, well sprayed. It is composed of triiodomethane (iodoform), zinc oxide, iron sulphate (II) (iron sulphate), copper sulphate, silicon dioxide, zeolite, active essential oils, a complex of surfactants and pH regulators, auxiliaries. This preparation can be used in the presence of animals; the disinfectant effect is based on the spectrum of antimicrobial action of its constituents.
In the experiment of the study of the cumulative properties of «Indez» 80 white rats weighing 180-200 ± 10 g, tested doses of 1/5, 1/10, 1/20, from DL50 were used. To the animals of the experimental group, the suspension of the preparation was administered orally: in the first 4 days - 1/5 of DL50, then 1/10 and 1/20. Animals of the control group were administered saline at a dose of 0.5 ml. Observations on rats were carried out for 22 days. Depending on the dose of the drug, the cumulation coefficient.
As a result of the study of the cumulative properties of the drug it is established that the introduction of a total dose of «Indez» 56,8 cm3 per 1 kg body weight does not cause death of white rats. When conducting a total dose of 63,4 cm3 / kg body weight one animal died, representing 5 %. Further administration of the drug lethality was on the 18-th day (total dose 83,13 cm3 / kg) – 15 %, on the 19-th day (total dose 93,0 cm3 / kg) – 20 % and the 20-th day (total dose 102,87 cm3 / kg) – 45 %. With an increase of 9,873 1,5 times (1,8095 cm3 / kg) on the 21-st day, the mortality rate was 80 %, and on the 22-nd day of the studies 90 % of laboratory animals were killed, the total dose was 1032,49 cm3 / kg.
Under the study of the cumulative properties of «Indez» disinfectant, it was found that the cumulation coefficient in rats is 2,2 units. This, in turn, indicates that the test agent has moderately pronounced properties for cumulation. In this case, white rats inhibit the hematopoietic function of the bone marrow and reduce the body’s defences, as evidenced by a probable decrease in leukocyte count and a slight decrease in haemoglobin, lymphocyte count, spleen mass factor, and increased segmentation.
Kotsyumbas, I.Ya., Malyk, O.H, Patereha, I.P. et al. (2006). Doclinichni doslidgеnnia veterynarnych likarskich zasobiv; za red Kotsyumbas, I.Ya.. Lviv, Triada plius, 360. [in Ukrainian].
Levchenko, V.I., Kondrakhin I.P., Vlizlo V.V. et al., (2012). Vnutrishni khvoroby tvaryn. Bila Tserkva, 1 [in Ukrainian].
Shekman, I.S., Goncharov, N.O., Tumanov, V.A. et al. (2009). Farmakologia. Doclinichni doslidginnia likarskich zasobiv; za red. Shekman, I.S. Kiev, 832. [in Ukrainian].
Shuguy, V.A. (2003). Dezinfektanty u veterynarii. Animal health and medicine, 6, 14. [in Ukrainian].
Shtabskiy, B.M. & Kagan, Y.S. (1980). Otsenka kumuliativnych svoistv chimicheskich veschestv po indekxsu i standartizovanomu koeficientu kumuliatsii. Hygiene and sanitation, 1974, 3, 65-68. [in Russian].
Stefanov, A.V., Malcseva, V.Y., Efimtceva, T.K. (2001). Rukovodstvo po klinicheskim ispytaniem lekarstvennych sredstv; za red. Stefanov, A.V. Kiev, 425. [in Russian].
Zaritskiy, A.M. (2001). Dezinfektsia. Dezinfekuychi zasoby ta ich zastosuvania. Zhytomyr, Ch 1, 384. [in Ukrainian].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.